The Home Selling Process
Here you will find all the resources needed to assist you in your Chicago real estate selling experience. Use the above links above to either search or submit properties by e mail or use the advanced mapping resource to find your perfect property! Don’t forget to use the many additional resources on the right to help you become educated in purchasing and selling within the Chicago real estate market.
- Competitive Market Analysis – Mike Kravitz provides a comprehensive study of pricing and specifications on similar homes in your area. Using comparable values and current market trends, you and Mike Kravitz can determine the optimal asking price for your home.
- Internal Marketing Meeting – Remax’s in-house sales and marketing staff meet with Mike Kravitz to review your property and identify the home’s key promotional highlights and selling strengths. All Remax Chicago real estate agents are alerted to the new property listing, creating awareness among our buyers’ representatives.
- Property Highlights – Professional photographers take quality interior/exterior pictures of your home and create a virtual tour for buyers to view online. Mike Kravitz identifies the most marketable property and community focal points for use in advertising materials and the listing description.
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS) – We submit an optimized property listing to the MLS database of Northern Illinois that reaches all Chicago area Realtors and maximizes your home’s exposure.
- Print Advertising – Remax in-house marketing department produces display ads, classifieds and open house notices, which are placed in appropriate Chicago publications as needed ( sometimes including the Tribune, Reader, Crain’s and Chicago Social Magazine).
- Online Marketing – Now that the Internet is the #1 search tool for home buyers, your property needs to have a strong online presence – which we ensure by featuring your home on several major websites. Your listing gets unmatched exposure on Remax.com, a top-ranked Chicago real estate search engine. We also provide showcase listings on leading real estate sites including ChicagoTribune.com, Realtor.com and Trulia.com.
- Brochures and Signage – Full-color, customized property brochures with photos, floor plans and amenities provide potential buyers and open house visitors with an impressive profile of your home. We also offer exterior banners, billboards and “For Sale” signs, produced and delivered on-site promptly.
- Open House – In addition to showing your property to individual buyers, Mike Kravitz hosts open houses as needed. He will build awareness of open houses through postcard mailings, print ads and email blasts. All preparations and arrangements are taken care of by Mike Kravitz and worked around your schedule.
- Purchase Offers and Contingencies – All offers are reviewed by Mike Kravitz and the buyer’s financial qualifications are verified. We negotiate on your behalf and mediate counter-offers to reach an agreement with the seller. Contingencies and sale conditions are scrutinized by Mike Kravitz to protect your interests and help you achieve the absolute best deal.
- Sale and Closing – Everything leading up to the final closing is monitored by Mike Kravitz to ensure a smooth, problem-free process. We are present for each step, including the legal review, property inspection, appraisal, financing, satisfaction of contingencies and closing paperwork.